Tuesday 21 May 2013

Rub of the purple

On the day: 
20/05/2013 

On the way: 
She twitches at the bus stop, her long blonde ponytail flicking. She shuffles her feet and rubs the sides of her breasts through her personalised West Ham United replica top. For luck? 
The bus arrives and she's last to board. It appears something's amiss. 
"Cos she never 'ad no change, did she?"
Hey, who's telling this story, me or you, old lady in the seat behind me? 

Anyroad, short story shorter, the bus is held up for a few minutes, maybe a few more - the swarthy staffie snuffling around the exit door proves a distraction - as she hitches up her faded magenta jeans and trots from newsagent to laundrette to newsagent in search of the relevant coins, then returns and off we go. So, success of sorts for her. 
Plus, West Ham have had a decent season and secured Premiership football for another season.
Hmm. 
I pull on my Tottenham Hotspur beanie and lift my hands to my man boobs...


On the pod: 
Stay The Night - Green Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjQoWfstQUU 

On the front page: 
Tory rebels set to inflict new defeat on Cameron (The Times)

No comments:

Post a Comment