Monday 9 April 2012

Going public

on the day:
09/04/2012


on the way:
There is something counter-intuitive about what I'm doing this morning, maybe even more so than starting a blog. I am on a bus (it could just as well be any form of public transport - aeroplane, taxi, train, foot -  but as it happens I am on perhaps the most public form available in this country) on the way to work on Easter Monday, while many in this borough, county and country are making the most of the so-called Bank Holiday.
I walked out of a warm home, inhabited by a loving wife and two loving cats (say what you will about the self-serving nature of the 'domestic' mog, and leave me to what you may consider my delusion while you continue to imagine that a human child is far different), with cupboards straining at the hinges to retain a trove of Easter booty, and stepped out into the rain to track down this slightly grubby vehicle and claim a seat that nameless thousands of unknowable hygiene have occupied before.
But there is a bright side. A little Smithian patch of blue. At least I'm not the driver.


on the pod: 
Paper Cut - Linkin Park


on the front page:
National revolt hits plans to burn waste (The Times)

2 comments: